A new take on an old-school design, the Galaxy Z Flip SA-F700F Dual-SIM 256GB Smartphone from Samsung brings back the flip-style phone with a new twist. The screen is made from flexible glass that flips open to reveal a huge, brilliant, and seamless 6.7″ AMOLED display. The display can actually hold its position between closed and open, giving you interesting photographic opportunities with the ability to shoot at low angles, as well as split the screen or run two apps at once in Flex Mode.
The camera system of the Galaxy Z Flip features a dual rear setup with two 12MP cameras, one wide and one ultra-wide. The wide lens incorporates optical image stabilization for shake-free content, and you can take HDR photos, panoramas, and videos at up to 4K resolution. There’s even a night mode that can capture long exposures for light trails that give you a new kind of night shot. On the front, a circular cutout makes room for a 10MP HDR wide selfie camera that can also capture video at 4K.
Running the Android 10 operating system, this phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ 7nm chipset, Octa-core CPU, and 8GB of RAM. You can store your 4K videos, night shots, and more on 256GB of storage. The Galaxy Z Flip is unlocked and compatible with GSM/4G LTE networks. If you travel a lot or have a separate work number, you can take advantage of the Dual SIM capabilities to access both accounts. Connect to the internet and other devices with built-in 2.4+5 GHz Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Wi-Fi Direct, and Bluetooth 5.0. The Galaxy Z Flip also supports NFC technology for making phone-to-phone data transfers or mobile payments where supported.
- Android 10
- The Android operating system is a personalized and customizable OS that allows you to add your favorite apps or widgets to your home screen and integrates heavily with Google’s services. You can even download new themes using the Google Play Store, which offers access to millions of apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. Android 10 adds a wide variety of intelligent features, additional privacy controls, and other enhancements that make using your Android phone more enjoyable. Some features include Live Caption, which captions running videos, podcasts, and audio messages without the need for Wi-Fi or cellular data; Smart Reply, which suggests both responses to and actions for texts; and Family Link, which lets you manage apps, set screen time limits, and more.
- GSM / 4G LTE Wireless Connectivity
- This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband Internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can’t get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS)
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) allows you to lower your mobile costs when traveling while staying connected. Once your SIM cards are installed, you will be able to receive phone calls and text messages from either without needing to manually choose which one is active. When you want to make a call or send an SMS message, you can select the correct SIM card. When one SIM card is being used for a phone call, the other will not be active until you hang up. Operator charges may apply.
- Split Apps in Flex Mode
- When flipped open halfway, the Galaxy Z Flip can utilize Flex Mode to split the screen of supported apps. For example, with the built-in camera app, the bottom half of the screen will show controls while the top half is your viewfinder.
- Multitask with Multi Active Window
- Multi Active Window lets you split your seamless 6.7″ screen in two, giving you the ability to run different apps on each screen. Chat in the bottom half of the display while browsing your gallery for the perfect photo or GIF to send in the top half.
- Cover Display
- Just because the phone is closed doesn’t mean you’re out of touch. Samsung built in a 1.1″ Super AMOLED color display on the exterior of the Galaxy Z Flip, giving you the ability to see essential notifications, such as who’s calling. You can even tap and swipe to transition into the correct app when you flip open the phone.
- Additional Features
- Google Duo gives you the ability to upgrade a voice call into a video chat
Reduced blue light to help prevent eye strain
Smooth hideaway hinge operation thanks to Sweeper technology, which works to repel dirt & dust as you fold
Use the partial folding ability of the Galaxy Z Flip to prop the phone like a tripod
Dual LiPo batteries for 3300mAh of total power that can last you all day