The ThinkPad X240 20AL008YUS 12.5″ Ultrabook Computer from Lenovo delivers both in terms of performance and mobility. The ThinkPad X240 combines a 3-cell internal battery with a 3-cell external battery for up to 8.7 hours per charge (battery life may vary). The ThinkPad X240 features a glass-fiber reinforced plastic chassis for a slim and lightweight design.
The 12.5″ widescreen display is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and last longer than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The HD 1366 x 768 native resolution is supported by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. The native resolution allows you to play back 720p HD content without upscaling.
The system is powered by a 4th generation Haswell dual-core 1.9 GHz Intel Core i5-4300U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, with a 500GB HDD drive cache, a 4-in-1 media card reader, a fingerprint reader, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio v2 technology.
Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) is the installed operating system. This version of Windows 7 Professional is preinstalled through the downgrade rights in Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).
- Dual-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X240 houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i5-4300U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.9 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.9 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 4th generation Haswell processor uses low voltage to extend battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you’ll be able to push the dual cores up to four virtual cores for quick and efficient multitasking
- 12.5″ Antiglare LED-Backlit Display
- The display also features a 16:9 aspect ratio and has a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400. The native resolution allows you to play back 720p HD content natively without upscaling. The screen also has a matte, antiglare finish, which allows you to use the ThinkPad X240 in brightly-lit environments with ease. You can also output video to an external display via the Mini DisplayPort
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X240 supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which provides a high-speed connection to your home or office wireless network. Building on the foundation of 802.11n Wi-Fi, the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard can provide higher data transfer speeds, greater coverage, and reduced latency than its predecessor. The ThinkPad X240 is also backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi as well. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting to Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a wireless mouse
- Dual Battery Setup
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X240 uses a dual battery configuration. It has an internal 3-cell battery as well as an external 3-cell battery. The external battery can be swapped out for another when it is running low on power. With two 3-cell batteries, the Lenovo ThinkPad X240 can run for up 8.7 hours on a single charge. Please note that battery life may vary depending on usage
- USB 3.0 – 10x Faster than USB 2.0
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X240 utilizes USB 3.0. USB 3.0 can reach data transfer speeds of up to 4.8 Gbps, which is up to ten times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices so you don’t have to worry about losing access to your older peripherals. Also, one of the USB 3.0 ports is always on for added convenience
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
- The Lenovo ThinkPad X240 has a 4-in-1 media card slot that can read Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC), Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC), and MultimediaCard (MMC)