Thin at just 0.7″, the 3rd Generation ThinkPad X1 Carbon 20BS0032US 14″ Ultrabook Computer from Lenovo is a system designed for home and business users who need a reliable system for general use. The system is powered by a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5-5300U Dual-Core processor, allowing you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power. the system can be overclocked to 2.9 GHz and the system’s 8GB of 1600 MHz PC3-12800 DDR3L RAM allows the computer to quickly access frequently-used files and programs.
The 14″ anti-glare LED-backlit display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a contrast ratio of 400:1. The integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500 delivers a sharp, clear picture and you’ll also be able to output video to an external display via the built-in HDMI and Mini DisplayPort. Network connectivity is achieved using 802.11ac Wi-Fi and an included Ethernet Extension Cable provides wired network connectivity. For connecting external peripherals such as storage or optical drives, this may be accomplished using the two USB 3.0 ports, one of which is an always-on port for device charging. Additional compatible peripherals may be paired using Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
For long-term storage of your files, the 256GB Opal 2.0 SSD provides quick access to your data. While this SSD may not have the larger capacity of a traditional hard drive, SSDs contain no moving parts and are less susceptible to damage from bumps and drops. Having no moving parts also allows SSDs to operate with faster data transfer speeds. SSDs also receive less wear and tear, as they do not have any read and write heads for the drive media to come into contact with.
Whether you are listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game, the built-in dual 1W stereo speakers with Dolby Home Theater audio use the Realtek ALC3232 HD audio codec and offer high quality sound. There is also an integrated 720p webcam which allows you to engage in face-to-face conversations using Skype or other software and integrated dual noise-canceling mics. Included with this system is an 8-cell, 50Wh lithium-polymer battery that lasts up for up to 10.9 hours before recharging is required. Using the included 65W power adapter, this battery may be recharged to 80% in 55 minutes and recharged to 100% in up 2.3 hours. While the installed operating system is Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), a Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) license and media is also included.
- External Video
- External video is supported via the MiniDisplayPort or HDMI. VGA is also supported using a separately sold Mini DisplayPort to VGA cable. Up to three independent displays are supported, with the Mini DisplayPort supporting a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz and the HDMI port supporting a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2304 @ 24 Hz
- Lenovo OneLink Connector
- The Lenovo OneLink Connector port will allow you to connect a separably sold ThinkPad OneLink Dock to this system. The OneLink Dock is a hub that adds additional ports to your system and also is able to charge devices. The OneLink Dock includes:
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports, one with always-on mobile device charging
- Stereo / Mic Combo Audio portBack
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet
- 1 x DC Power
- Cable lock slot
- EPEAT Gold; ENERGY STAR 6.1; RoHS-compliant