Equipped with powerful hardware and an aggressive design, the 17.3″ OMEN 17-an110nr Notebook from HP takes mobile performance seriously, making it easy to conquer in-game challenges. This system is powered by a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-8750H Six-Core processor, allowing you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the CPU can be overclocked to 4.1 GHz. The system’s 12GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM, which is user accessible, allows the computer to quickly access frequently used files and programs.
The 17.3″ Full HD IPS anti-glare display has a 1920 x 1080 native resolution, WLED-backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and viewing angles of 178°. The dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card has 4GB of dedicated GDDR5 video memory and delivers a sharp, clear picture. You’ll also be able to output video to an external display via the integrated HDMI 2.0 and mini DisplayPort outputs, as well as DisplayPort 1.2 via USB Type-C.
For storage of your files, there is a 128GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD and a 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive, both of which provide quick access to your data with a total storage capacity of 1.128TB. While the SSD may not have the larger capacity of the traditional spinning hard drive, it contains no moving parts and thus is more durable in the event of accidental shock damage. The SSD will also receive much less wear and tear because there are no read or write heads like those used with traditional hard drives.
Whether you are listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game, the dual speakers with Bang & Olufsen audio deliver high fidelity. Use the dual-array digital microphones to record your own audio, or use them alongside the 720p Wide Vision HD webcam, with viewing angles of 88°, to engage in face-to-face conversations using Skype or other software. The OMEN 17-an110nr includes a 150W AC adapter and an 8-cell / 82Wh lithium-ion that will provide up to 12.25 hours of use before recharging is needed. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Home (64-bit).
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C | USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A
- Connect external peripherals such as hard drives, printers, memory card readers, and more at speeds up to 5 Gb/s using one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port and three USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports. The USB Type-C port supports HP Sleep and Charge and DisplayPort 1.2, while one of the USB Type-A ports also supports Sleep and Charge.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi | Gigabit Ethernet
- The system features 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi for fast internet access. When Wi-Fi is not available, use integrated Gigabit Ethernet for a more stable and reliable wired connection.
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Pair compatible peripherals such as keyboards, mice, and headsets with your system using Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity.
- HP Wide Vision HD Camera
- Enjoy face-to-face conversations with the integrated 720p webcam and its 88° field of view.
- DTS Headphone X Technology
- Produces spatially accurate 3D sound through headphones for immersive sound quality.
- A Rich Audio Experience
- HP dual speakers, HP Audio Boost, and tuning by Bang & Olufsen bring audio excellence to your system.
- Four-Zone Island-Style Backlit Keyboard
- Backlight four independent zones with different RGB lighting. WASD keys are outlined to highlight key controls.
- Single Door Access
- Easy access to your system’s internals make upgrades and maintenance simple.
- Dual Storage Configuration
- By including both an SSD drive for the operating system and a traditional hard drive, you get the benefits of both worlds—fast boot up times, snappy responsiveness, and larger storage capacity.
- OMEN Command Center
- Included software helps minimize network latency and lets you program the macro keys.
- Start Menu
- After its hiatus in Windows 8, the Start Menu has returned. Utilizing a combination of the traditional menu system and Windows 8’s Live Tiles, the improved Start Menu gives you more information at a glance, showing notification information alongside your applications and other pinned items.
- Microsoft’s digital personal assistant, Cortana can answer your questions with information gleaned from both your device and the internet at large. You can type or even talk with her, if your system has a microphone. Using her Notebook, Cortana keeps track of your needs and wants, and she learns over time to improve her information gathering skills.
- Microsoft Edge
- After nearly 20 years, Microsoft has finally replaced its Internet Explorer web browser. With Microsoft Edge, users can write directly on web pages and share notes with friends and colleagues. It also improves the online reading experience by adding a distraction-free mode and read-it-later functionality. Edge also has built-in Cortana integration; you can have her help you find a restaurant, make a reservation, and pull up directions without leaving your browser.
- Windows Store
- For Windows 10, Microsoft has unified the Windows Store. Now, apps for PCs, tablets, and phones will all be accessible from one place. And with support for Universal Apps, one version of an app can work across all your compatible devices automatically.
- Windows Continuum
- Windows 10 was designed for a variety of screen sizes and input styles, and with its Continuum feature, it automatically adapts to fit your needs. A Windows 10 tablet on its own requires a touch-centric approach, but attaching a mouse and keyboard will shift everything to a more traditional interface. You can even attach an external monitor to your Windows 10 phone for a near-desktop experience. But it’s not just the operating system; Windows Universal Apps take advantage of Continuum as well.
- Xbox on Windows 10
- Gaming is a big focus of Windows 10. Xbox integration allows for PC players to match up against Xbox One players on supported games, and if you have an Xbox One, you can even stream compatible titles to your PC. Native support for recording with the new Game DVR feature makes it easy to capture and share your gameplay. The new DirectX12 takes better advantage of multi-core processors, giving games a performance boost, even on older hardware. Windows 10 also features native support for virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Rift.
Be the first to review “HP OMEN 17 X Notebook”